Greetings from Shanghai!
This week’s Book Chat topic asks what are you currently reading?
My flight from LA to Shanghai was 14 hours and the flight back will be 11 hours, I packed tons of reading material to keep from going completely insane.
1. The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I bought this after reading Bobbi’s recommendations. I am always looking for ways to improve lifting, since I am so bad at consistently strength training.
2. The Red Tent. I recently received this from Paperback Swap. I have heard so many positive things about it and am excited to delve in.
3. The Poisonwood Bible. I was fortunate enough to receive this from Jessica, in a blogger book swap. She highly recommended it and I am always eager to read books recommended to me.
4. Snowflower & the Secret Fan. I thought it would be appropriate to read a book set in China, since I would be there. I enjoyed Lisa See’s other books, especially Shanghai Girls.
5. Autobiography of a Yogi. This has been in my to-read pile for awhile now, I am looking forward to finally starting it!
Check out The Book Chat page to see who else is participating!
What are you currently reading?
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan is one of my all time favorite books! Just started 11/22/63 by Stepen King. 🙂
YOU’RE IN SHANGHAI! And you’re participating in The Book Chat! Hope you’re having an amaaaazing time 🙂
Gone Girl, it was AWESOME! Barbara Kingsolver is one of my favorite writers, not to mention my soft spot for Yogananda, looks like you have some good reads. Enjoy your trip and be safe.