I first completed Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Diet (CDS) in August 2012. I did 21 days with no coffee, dairy or alcohol. This was huge. I lost 7 lbs and renewed my commitment to veganism. I have not returned to drinking coffee or soda (you can read all about that here). I also started juicing, meditating and becoming much more conscious of my sugar intake. You can read all my posts about the cleanse by clicking here. Or, you can read my re-cap after finishing the cleanse here.
I have done a few more rounds of the cleanse since my first experience. Anytime I need to get my eating back on track, I pull the book out again. You can customize the level of intensity in which you participate in CSD, but my general guideline that I follow are below:
- Abstain from coffee
- Abstain from all alcohol
- Abstain from ALL animal products
- Eat minimum gluten (only have whole, sprouted grain products)
- Abstain from sugar (I need to do a better job of reading the ingredients on EVERYTHING. It’s amazing how many products have sugar hidden in their lists.)
- Dry brush everyday (cleanse off dead skin cells that contain released toxins)
- MOVE for at least 30 minutes each day. Even if it’s a 30 minute walk with my dogs, I need to get in some form of exercise each day.
- I also add in yoga or meditation each day. Even if it is for only 15 minutes. It helps set up my day with positive intentions.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I have had great experiences and results through this plan and am happy to share, or check out Kris Carr’s website for more information.