In March 2006, I stopped eating meat and never looked back. I cut out dairy in March 2007 and was vegan for about two years. I never felt better in my life. The dreams that I used to have about pizza begin mounting and I slowly started eating cheese again. My diet turned crappier and crappier and I packed on some pounds. Finally, I knew I needed some sort of change, but was still not motivated to make the right choice for my health.
I found the passion I needed and was reminded about all the benefits of veganism after reading Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Diet (CSD). I started her adventure cleanse on August 20th, 2012. I did 21 days with no coffee, dairy or alcohol. This was huge. I lost 7 lbs and have lost about 3 more since.
Since finishing round 1 of the cleanse, I have maintained a vegan diet and stayed away from coffee. I have had alcohol a few times. I feel pretty amazing.
I plan to start round 2 on Saturday, January 5th and share my experiences here.
You can customize the level of intensity in which you participate in CSD. I plan to:
- Abstain from coffee (I have not had coffee or soda since 8/13/12)
- Abstain from all alcohol
- Abstain from ALL animal products
- Eat minimum gluten (only have whole, sprouted grain products)
- Abstain from sugar (I need to do a better job of reading the ingredients on EVERYTHING. It’s amazing how many products have sugar hidden in their lists.)
- Dry brush everyday (cleanse off dead skin cells that contain released toxins)
- MOVE for at least 30 minutes each day. Even if it’s a 30 minute walk with my dogs, I need to get in some form of exercise each day.
- I am also going to add in yoga or meditation each day. Even if it is for only 15 minutes. It helps set up my day with positive intentions.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
I am excited about venturing on this adventure. I will try to post every few days about how it is going.
I’m so happy you blogged about this book- I was really curious about it after you put it in your top 5! I like that you can customize the aspects of it to fit your lifestyle- I’d love to eat better, but I have zero desire to quit coffee. I tried and I was just SO unhappy. Maybe drink *less* of it, but certainly not cut it out entirely. Not yet, anyway!
I really need to check this book out. It sounds amazing.
You should definitely check it out! I never thought I would quit coffee. Ever. I am still amazed that I don’t drink it.
Crazy sexy diet changed my life. I was first introduced to it in a woman’s world magazine. I read the article and bought the book. I love Kris Carr! She’s funny and well informed. I stopped eating meat and cut down cheese and eggs. My exceptions are parmasean cheese, honey in my tea and I’m vegetarian outside of home. I juice veggies daily and I lost 50 lbs quickly. My adventure cleanse was in May 2011. It too wasn’t perfect but it left me with no desire for any meat anymore. I always say “nothing with a heartbeat.” I admire vegamism a great deal but it is more intense than just vegetarian. There is the no leather, no feathers, no honey parts to the lifestyle that make it more chalanging than just what to eat.
I am certain that I will be vegetarian for the rest of this life. I would like to do another cleanse soon. I know it will be easier this time.
Awesome job! You made some amazing changes and am so glad you feel the positive effects on your health.