In March 2006, I stopped eating meat and never looked back. I cut out dairy in March 2007 and was vegan for about two years. I never felt better in my life. The dreams that I used to have about pizza begin mounting and I slowly started eating cheese again. My diet turned crappier and crappier and I packed on some pounds. Finally, I knew I needed some sort of change, but was still not motivated to make the right choice for my health.
I found the passion I needed and was reminded about all the benefits of veganism after reading Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Diet (CSD). I started her adventure cleanse on August 20th, 2012. I did 21 days with no coffee, dairy or alcohol. This was huge. I lost 7 lbs and have lost about 3 more since.
Since finishing round 1 of the cleanse, I have maintained a vegan diet and stayed away from coffee. I have had alcohol a few times. I feel pretty amazing.
I plan to start round 2 on Saturday, January 5th and share my experiences here.
You can customize the level of intensity in which you participate in CSD. I plan to:
- Abstain from coffee (I have not had coffee or soda since 8/13/12)
- Abstain from all alcohol
- Abstain from ALL animal products
- Eat minimum gluten (only have whole, sprouted grain products)
- Abstain from sugar (I need to do a better job of reading the ingredients on EVERYTHING. It’s amazing how many products have sugar hidden in their lists.)
- Dry brush everyday (cleanse off dead skin cells that contain released toxins)
- MOVE for at least 30 minutes each day. Even if it’s a 30 minute walk with my dogs, I need to get in some form of exercise each day.
- I am also going to add in yoga or meditation each day. Even if it is for only 15 minutes. It helps set up my day with positive intentions.
- Sleep at least 8 hours every night.
I am excited about venturing on this adventure. I will try to post every few days about how it is going.