Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
Here are the 11 things about me:
1. I love food that is smelly and pungent. Curry, garlic and onions are some of my favorites. I am sorry for everyone who has to be around me. Not really though.
2. Lately, I have found such freedom in living more minimally and cutting down my consumption and spending. In the past few months, I cancelled cable, severely reduced the amount of Target trips I take (I used to once per week) and have only been purchasing my clothes at thrift stores. There is definitely something freeing about living with less.
3. I think about food pretty much all the time. I think about my upcoming meals, new recipes and how to tweak/veganize previous recipes. I think about food the whole time I run. Seriously, the whole time.
4. One of the funnest classes I ever took was belly dancing, for a few months. I would love to get into it again.
5. I am definitely a morning person, much to the dismay of those who live with me. I try to be quiet, but I am usually awake by 4 or 4:30. My favorite thing to do is enjoy the morning silence and solitude with a cup of tea and my book of the moment.
6. My absolute dream concert line-up would be Prince and Michael Jackson! They are two of my favorite artists and they would be so dynamic and entertaining live. Unfortunately, I never was able to see MJ live (I am still not quite over it), but I was able to see Prince. He was just as amazing as I imagined he would be!
7. I am leaving for China on March 16th!!! I do not have enough exclamation points for how excited I am about this. My best friend is teaching English in Shanghai and I am going to visit him. I have not seen him since August and I miss him tons!
8. Here are a few of my dreams: to live in Tarifa, Spain, to travel the country in VW bus and to own a karaoke skating rink.
9. In December 2011, I backpacked to the bottom of The Grand Canyon, stayed 4 nights at the bottom, then backpacked out. It was an 18 mile total hike with over a vertical mile of elevation gain. Towards the rim of the canyon, there was a good amount of snow, ice and mud, which made for some crazy hiking conditions, especially with a 20 lb. pack on. It was one of the most challenging, but amazing experiences of my life. I want to do it again!
10. The only holiday I celebrate is Halloween and that is only because I will use any excuse to dress up. I despise the rest.
11. My favorite movie is Back to the Future II. One of the few sequels that is actually better than it’s predecessor.
11 questions for me:
1. Why did you start blogging, and more importantly why have you chosen to continue it over the years? This blog is still new, I only started it about 1 month ago. I blogged previously on blogger, for a few years, but it started feeling more like a chore and too redundant after awhile. However, I did start to miss blogging after awhile, so I decided to start again. I just told myself I would only have fun with it, and if it stopped feeling fun, I would take a break.
2. What was the ONE most important moment of 2012 for you, and why? It was easily March 28th, the day my dad was murdered. It changed my life forever.
3. If you were on a deserted island and could have any three things, what would they be? Since the question is asking things, not people, after my family I would want Carmex, my juicer (for all the island fruit!) and my whole bookshelf complete with my favorite books.
4. What is your current favorite song that I should be listening to? I was just introduced to The Weepies by a friend. I am loving their folkies, dreamy tunes.
5. What is one favorite blog post you have written? (post a link!) My blog is still fairly new, but I am proud of my Crazy Sexy Diet Recap of my 21 Day Adventure Cleanse.
6. Name one of your guilty pleasures. I don’t feel very guilty about my pleasures, but I am not too proud of the amount of nut butter I eat. I am also not proud of how much I want to laugh when I type that.
7. If you could give a piece of advice to yourself when you were 15, what would it be? Don’t try to make everyone happy, you never will. Be true to your own morals, ethics and ideals and make decisions that are best for you, not others.
8. What book are you looking forward to reading in the near future? Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I have heard so many great things about the book and the synopsis is intriguing. It is currently in my to-read pile.
9. Tell your readers something they may not know about you! I have never wanted to be anything more than a break dancer. I was obsessed as a teenager and made some poor, pathetic attempts at break dancing. The desire has never left.
10. You’re told that you have to drop one of your social media accounts- which one, and why? I would probably say Instagram (find me: angieeatspeace). Although I enjoy it, most people I follow, I am also friends with on Facebook, so I can keep up with them this way, as well.
11. What is one thing that you truly could not live without? Water
I am tagging some of favorite bloggers:
- Another G(r)eek in the Grind
- Muddy Runner
- The Ascent Blog
- The Gay Vegans
- That Blogger Gurl
- Liz Lemon Nights
- Lariats and Lavendar
- Oh Dizzle
- Quinoa Kale Exhale
- Far From Kansas
My questions for them are:
1. Where is the one place you definitely hope to travel to in your lifetime?
2. What would your dream concert line-up (artists dead or alive)?
3. What were some of your favorite TV shows to watch as a kid?
4. What would your dream career be and why?
5. What is one of the most important lessons you have learned in your life, thus far?
6. What is the current song stuck in your head?
7. What do you use as a creative outlet?
8. Where has been your favorite place that you have travelled?
9. What is the grossest food you have every eaten?
10. What are you currently reading?
11. What is your favorite thing about the area in which you live in?